We had 10 clear favourites (listed below in alphabetical order) and the winner and the two runners-up will be announced on 13 September at the Christian Resources Together retreat and online.
We’ll also announce the winners in the December issue of Woman Alive and in the November issue of Together magazine, published by Christian Resources Together.
• Barefoot, by Sharon Garlough Brown (IVP) – A further sequel to Sensible Shoes, the story of four women and their spiritual journey, this one is described as “poignant and achingly beautiful”
• Chasing The Dawn, by Catherine Campbell (Lion Hudson) – 40 reflections on pushing back the darkness and walking in the light of Christ
• Soulsight, by H Paine (Instant Apostle) – A teen dystopian thriller described as “a cleverly crafted mystery that is fast-paced and a real page turner”
• 10,000 Reasons, by Matt Redman (David C Cook) – Stories of faith, hope and thankfulness inspired by the worship song
• The Art of Daily Resilience, by Debbie Duncan (Monarch) – A ‘how to’ book about developing a durable spirit and coping when life gets tough. “Informative and practical”
• The Dagger’s Curse, by Wendy H Jones (Books To Treasure) – Aimed at young adults, this is described as “a well-paced story with a brilliant twist at the end”
• The Girl At The End Of The Road, by K A Hitchins (Instant Apostle) – An unusual story of love, autism and redemption
• The Key Of All Unknown, by K A Hitchins (Instant Apostle) – The story of a woman who wakes up in hospital unable to speak or move, who must travel back through her memories to find out what happened to her
• The Living Cross, by Amy Boucher Pye (BRF) – An exploration of God’s gift of forgiveness and new life
• Two Steps Forward, by Sharon Garlough Brown (IVP) – The sequel to Sensible Shoes, about four women and their spiritual journey, is described as full of spiritual insights.