Ever lost for words when it comes to writing your Mother’s Day cards? Rachael Cottle’s on hand to help with some beautiful scripture and inspiring quotes for the mother figure in your life.
Mothering Sunday is a beautiful day to celebrate the motherly figures in our lives. Most of us will be buying and/or receiving flowers, chocolates, gifts, and cards.
If you’re anything like me then you will want to express how much the mother figure in your life means to you in just the right way. I’m not a poet and I always find it difficult to put words to my gratitude in the card. So here are some suggestions for Christian messages that you can include in your Mother’s Day card.
If your mother is also a follower of Jesus and you’d like to encourage her with some words from scripture I’ve pulled out some suggestions, you could use:
- “She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue” - Proverbs 31:26
- “The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.” - Numbers 6: 24-26
- “Honour your father and mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you” - Exodus 20:12
- “As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you; and you will be comforted over Jerusalem” - Isaiah 66:13
- “I have been reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now loves in you also” - 2 Timothy 1:5
- “Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her; ‘many women have done excellently, but you surpass them all’” - Proverbs 31:28-31
- “And his mother treasured up all these things in her heart.” - Luke 2:51
- “I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth” - 3 John 1:4
Maybe these don’t quite hit the spot. I’ve also gathered some quotes that might help you tell her just how amazing she is:
- “The loveliest masterpiece of the heart of God is the love of a mother” - St. Therese of Lisieux
- “A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials, heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine, desert us when troubles thicken around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavour by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts” - Washington Iriving
- “The mother’s heart is the child’s classroom” - Henry Ward Beecher
- “Mothers, for the prayers you’ve prayed, the sacrifices you’ve made, and the love you’ve given so freely we honour you” - Kenneth M. Copeland
- “Mothers are like glue. Even when you can’t see them, they’re still holding the family together.” - Susan Gale
- “My Mother: She is beautiful, softened at the edges and tempered with a spine of steel. I want to grow old and be like her” - Jodi Picoult
- “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in it’s perfect power” - Maya Angelou
I hope that these words will bless those they are written to. Happy Mother’s Day.